Monday, October 19, 2009

Look What Came in the Mail

I received my HoE Halloween Exchange piece today! That was exciting enough and then I saw who it was from...Sadie from Stitching up a Storm. Ever since I found her blog a while ago I've admired her beautiful stitching and finishing work. She is fabulous!

Here is a photo of the piece. It's finished as a flat ornament and looks wonderful. I love the fabric, it's sparkly with a mottled purple hue, the touch with the ribbon and faceted stone is lovely! I am so thrilled. Thank you so much Sadie! I absolutely love it!!!


Look what else she included:


Dragon Floss, DMC floss, cute Halloween fabric, a vampire candle, ribbon, and that fabulous fuzzy orange fabric is a zipper bag. I'm so thrilled with my first exchange!

As for my own stitching, I was able to figure out what I'm making for my family members and a couple Christmas exchanges and that's it. This cold is still hanging on. I'm hoping to start a Prairie School ornament this evening if I feel a little better.

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

vee said...

What a great exchange gift! I have seen that ornament pattern somewhere and plan to stitch it when I come across that pattern again in my stash!

Sadie said...

I'm so glad you like what I sent, I really enjoyed stitching for you :-)
The pattern is a freebie from Leeanne here's the link

http://myniftyneedle.blogspot.com/

Happy Halloween :-)

Jucus said...

Very good! It's a tru Halloween - pattern!:o)