Monday, October 26, 2009

Harvest Exchange & Birthday Pie!

I am able to post a picture of the Harvest Exchange piece (Stitching Exchanging) I did for Yoyo at Dragon My Needle.

I made her a Needlebook and a scissor fob:




The design is Fall Squared by Lizzie*Kate. I used some of the recommended floss colours and substituted some of my own here and there. For the fob I used a pumpkin and an "L" from the L*K chart and finished it off with some Mill Hill beads and filled it with more of my crushed glass, which Yoyo said felt suspiciously like BB's, LOL! This was a fun project, I loved figuring out how to make the little needlebook, since I couldn't find anything on Google that I liked.

As for Birthday Pie, today is my darling husband's 44th birthday. Instead of a cake, I made him his favourite, Pecan Pie. I even made the pastry! Here is a picture of it hot out of the oven:


I first made my hubby pecan pie when we started dating waaaay back when I was nineteen years old. My parents were going out for the evening and my mom said it would be okay to use her kitchen to make my boyfriend a romantic dinner (I still remember what I made: cornish game hens with pasta & brocolli in a rose sauce) followed by his favourite pecan pie for dessert.

As my parents left for the evening I'll never forget what my mother infamously said..."Whatever you do, DON'T tell him you didn't make the pie crust!" That quote will live on forever in our family history. I still laugh when I think about it. For some reason my mother was dying to get me married off, you would think it was the 50's and not the 90's, and thought my lack of pastry making would be an impediment to this master plan. What a woman!

Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Blu said...

The needlebook looks really cute, the pie looks really delicious and the story about about Mums and their foisting off attempts rings true!

Daffycat said...

It's a beautiful exchange and so well finished!

Love the pie story, lol!

vee said...

Yummy looking pie! I love pecan pie!
PS. Great stitching finish, too!

Sharlotte said...

How wonderfully cute it Fall Spuared! Oh that pie looks so yummy! One of my favs!

Di Pais said...

All I can say is lovely and yummy!!!!

Sandra :) said...

OMG your needlebook and fob are DELICIOUS! As is that pie - yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!