Thursday, October 15, 2009

How (I Think) I Became a Better Blogger


Now that I've been blogging for the last 8 months or so (and reading all of your fabulous blogs too) I've had a lot of time to reflect on which type of blog set up I like. For instance what kind of colours, fonts, spacing and backgrounds make all of our blogs easier to read AND one of the most satisfying aspects of blogging...COMMENTS!

A couple of months ago I found a great resource of blogging information. The blog is called Sneaky Momma Blog Design. While learning how to put borders around my photos, inserting links, etc. I stumbled across this post about Blogger Etiquette. Scroll down a little and you'll see a post called "Goldilocks and the Three Bloggers."

I have to admit I was a little apprehensive to read the entry and see what I've been doing "wrong" but I was so happy to have found the post because it helped my blogging immensely.

One of my favourite points that was made in the post was regarding comments. I followed the easy steps here (here is another great how-to) and now I receive your fabulous comments immediately at the Yahoo email address (so easy to set up, and linked to no personal information whatsoever!) I set up just for YOU, I even get the comments you leave on older posts!

My Yahoo address is also linked to my blog so if I leave a comment or question at one of your fabulous blogs, you can email me back! Don't you just hate it when you want to reply to a comment left on your blog and the email address is noreply-comment AT blogger DOT com???

If I've helped even one Blogger, my job is done!

Happy Blogging!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Thanks for the great info!!! I've been thinking about starting a blog but I keep getting cold feet because it seems so daunting! Maybe I'll head on over to Sneaky Momma and do some reading.

Thanks again :)