Sunday, August 23, 2009

Progress and Birthdays

The last few days have been very busy with stitching and organizing and my son's 12th birthday on Friday. Isn't it hard to believe how fast they grow? Dad and Grandpa took the boys to paintball. DD and I hung around long enough to get some pictures and then we had to pick up the...cake!...yeah, that's why we had to leave! ;-)

I swear things like this are genetically programmed! Why else would boys want to go shoot at each other and girls want to go for mani's and pedi's! My DH and I actually censor TV and video games (no 14A TV or movies or T or M games in our house!) so it's not like he's desensitized or anything. Oh well, he had a blast, it was great excersise and he enjoyed showing me his one "war wound" or welt, whatever you'd like to call it.

I organized my 2nd spare bedroom, which is also the library and stitching room, this week. I now have so much credit at the used book store that I had them put my dad's name on my card so he can help me use it up. My dad also spray painted this small tool storage cabinet for me Heirloom White so now I just have to figure out what stitchy things I'm going to organize in it!


I've made a lot of progress the last few days on Christmas by the Letter:


Tonight I'm going to finish up the beading on Mes Giraffe and hopefully start the framing process. I found a great tutorial at The Twisted Stitcher so my dad is going to help me frame it for my DD. Here's hoping I'll have a picture of the finished stitching to show you tomorrow!

Happy Stitching!






No comments: