Monday, August 17, 2009

Finished Frosty Blue House...Almost

I'm almost finished all the stitching on Country Cottage Needleworks Frosty Blue House! All I have left are a few random "snowflakes" which are single stitches and smoke above the chimney, both of which I want to do in Mill Hill beads. I have to wait until tomorrow because I want to get clear Nymo thread and my LNS isn't open on Monday. Here is my almost finished project:




Frosty Blue House
Winter Wonderland Thread Pack
Country Cottage Needleworks
32 c0unt Vintage Mourning Dove by Lakeside Linens
Supplied Crescent Colours silk threads
47 x 89 stitches
Finished size approx 3 x 5 inches


I'm still trying to figure out how I want to finish this into an ornament. I'm not sure a pillow ornament is the way to go. If I'm lucky enough to have one of you fabulous stitchers out there read this post PLEASE feel free to give me suggestions on finishing!!! I would love your input!

I could also use some help on getting a better, brighter quality picture of my work to show the detail and colours better. Any advice would be appreciated.

Today I'm going to get my fabric set up on my scroll rods and frame for my next project, Christmas by the Letter by Lizzie*Kate. I've never used scroll rods before so it should be interesting! Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

Very sweet!

I take my photos under the OTT Lite. I slip a white piece of paper underneath the stitching (makes it brighter) and I use the close-up setting on the camera (no flash to wash it out.)

Barbi said...

So glad you found my blog! It's always great to be connected to another Canadian stitcher! Your Blue House is so cute! If you don't want to do a pillow finish, you can always do a flat pinkeep finish. those are nice too.