Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back from Holidays, Time to get at it!

Well, after a 11 hour drive the kids and I arrived home from Alberta. Luckily there wasn't much traffic and other than 1 scary semi-truck driver it all went well.

I didn't do any stitching in the car with my husband on the way to Alberta. All the herky-jerky freaks me out when I'm not watching the road. Plus, I feel the need to stop my hubby from passing sometimes on those undivided highways through the mountains. I'm sure he wished I'd sleep the entire way!

On the plus side I did get to go to Traditional Stitches just outside of Calgary. I bought fabric for a few projects, some WDW and GA threads, 2 pair of Kelmscott Little Gems scissors (silver and blue, so cute! I couldn't resist) and a little gadget organizer for my little stitchy things. It's a great shop that is run out of the proprietors, Janice, home. She had the most amazing stitching hanging on the walls. All sorts of antique samplers and her own amazing stitching! It almost makes me want to try a sampler! Almost...
I did start a new project while staying at my parents house last week. It's Frosty Blue House from Country Cottage Needleworks. It was so lovely, sitting in the sunroom at my parents acreage, a gentle breeze blowing through, tunes playing on my iPod...I was in stitchy heaven. The piece is going fast, I'm stitching it up as individual ornaments instead of one piece. It's a thread pack and comes with silk threads that are so pretty and shimmery, I've never worked with silks before and they are lovely to work with. I'll post a picture tomorrow when the light is better.
Happy Stitching!

No comments: