Saturday, January 14, 2012

Winter Squirrel

This is the ornament I made for my son this Christmas (though the actual finishing wasn't done until 2012.  OOPS)  I always forget how busy I get before Christmas.  I think I need to set a reminder in my calendar that says "Start Stitching Ornaments" to come up the 1st of November every year.



Winter Squirrel by The Victoria Sampler
Just Cross Stitch 2011 Ornament Issue
Fabric:  28 ct. linen
Fibres:  some as charted, some what I had in my stash
Embellishments:  #02063 Mill Hill Sead Beads, Poblano Pepper Crescent Colors Chenille
Finished as an ornament

This finish is my new favourite!  I love how crisp and professional it looks, plus it's way faster than when I put together a pillow ornament.  I used my awesome diecut chipboard pieces for the form again.

10 comments:

Karyn said...

Gorgeous!
Hugs
Ma

SewAmy said...

I love this pattern. I have recently finished stitching this one too. Do you know where I can get directions to finish it on line? I need a you tube video tutorial, LOL.

Sandra :) said...

It's adorable!!!! Set your calendar for July 1 intead of November 1 - that way you'll have lots of time :D Oh actually in YOUR case you should pick July 2 - you know why :D

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish.

Carol said...

Aww...he is darling--and very professional looking finish, indeed :)

Marnie said...

How sweet! I don't recall seeing him in the magazine. I'll have to go back over it more carefully.

valerie said...

Cute finish! You did a great job on the finishing. Love that chenille trim.

Anne said...

He's adorable!! I love the finishing too! I stitched this little guy for Christmas as well. He was a lot of fun to stitch!!

Melanie said...

Super cute!! :)

Sally said...

A lovely finish. It's so cute.