Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Floss Organization Update

Back in September I blogged about organizing my WIP's . In that same post I asked for your input on floss organization because my Stitch Bow/bobbin cases just weren't working for me. After much deliberaton, and drooling over Daffycat's incredible floss cabinet, this is what I came up with:

I found these pretty photo boxes at Michaels and so far this system is working fabulously. I'm not sure what to do about my over-dye's though. I have them on floss rings by company (WDW, GASS, etc.) hanging on a bulletin board. I know long term it's not a great idea because of dust but I love seeing them out and being able to do floss conversions by eye. Plus they're just soooo pretty to look at!

Thank you Lenna, Daffycat, Blyn and Diane for your great suggestions!!!

Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Julie said...

This looks great! I just recently re-organized mine as well.

Daffycat said...

That looks fabulous! I used a similar system (before I got the cabinet) utilizing index card drawers. Not as pretty as that box you have! I still use the card drawers to store floss for WIPs.

I really like the bag system. No kinked thread, no bobbins to wind and you can tuck leftover bits of floss right back in it's bag.

Blyn said...

I love your solution...looks great. I really need to work on mine, too!

katica said...

love your solution! I'm actually doing the same thing using the same method as you. I'm just not finished yet!!

Sandrajay: said...

Just yesterday I was trying to figure out how I will organize my floss since it gives me a headache to find what I am looking for. Your idea looks great and I am going to try it! Thank you for sharing.