Friday, July 2, 2010

Daughters Are Awesome!

Sons are great too but the reason for the title of this post is this:



White chocolate mouse cake!  Yummy!

Yesterday was my birthday (I'm a Canada Day baby!) and although I have a wonderful hubby he slacks in the bday department, just the celebration of it, not the present part! ;-) We were invited to friends for a Canada Day pool party/bbq, (it was 13 degrees celcius yesterday, for my US readers that's 55 F. IN JULY!!!) I was sitting outside, having a glass of wine and chatting with friends when out came my sweet girl with a cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me! It was awesome!


Apparently she coordinated pick-up the cake and everything, hubby said he had "minimal" involvement. Pretty brave to admit that! 

9 comments:

Patty C. said...

Looks yummy
Happy Belated Birthday

Cole said...

Happy Birthday!! If you have any cake left you could ship me a piece, it looks yummy :)

Parsley said...

Yum! Would you consider joining my recipe exchange and perhaps share the word with your readers? We all like yummy food! Here's the post for more info:

http://seasonsofmymind.blogspot.com/2010/06/around-world-recipe-exchange.html

Melanie said...

Yum. Yum. And YUM.
Happy birthday!

Peggy Lee said...

This was a bad time to look through my blog list....man am I hungry now!
A very happy birthday to you!
Please do me a favor and eat a bite for ME!

Deb said...

Happy, happy birthday!!!! That cake looks so pretty and I bet it tasted just as good. It's been cool here too, but a welcome relief from the heat that we had (and that I guess we're getting back in a couple years).

Lainey said...

Aww lovely daughter and that cake looks so yummy!
Belated Birthday wishes.

Carol said...

What a wonderful daughter! Happy belated birthday to you--that cake looks amazing :)

Daffycat said...

What a wonderful cake! Happy birthday, Sweetie!