Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Second of Four Christmas Stitchy Gifts

This is the ornament I stitched for my (almost) 14 year old daughter.



Elf in the Box by Brooke's Books
Fabric:  28ct. Platinum Belfast Linen, 14 ct. perforated paper
Fibre's:  DMC as charted
Embellishments:  Mill Hill seed beads as charted

She loved it and said she really had to "study" it to take in all the detail.  She (like her mom :D) loves bling so I knew she would love this design.  She has it hanging up in her room and told me she isn't putting it away with the Christmas decorations. 

My kids see me stitching all the time and know the time that goes into these projects so they really appreciate them.  I was thrilled with her reaction!

Until tomorrow...

Happy Stitching!

P.S.  Is anyone else using the new post editor on Blogger?  It works great!  (It makes it super easy to place photos where you WANT them.) I can't seem to find a spellcheck button anywhere though...is it staring me in the face and I just can't see it???

3 comments:

Barbi said...

Oh this one turned out great too!!
I haven't used the post editor, in fact I don't think that I have even seen it. So I will have to post something I guess, to see if it's there.

Rowyn said...

It's really lovely, and nice that your daughter doesn't want to put it away! :-)

Sandra :) said...

OHhhhhhh how totally adorable and blinged out - I love it - lucky daughter!